Friday, September 21, 2012

Organic Carrot

While cage cleaning Ringo decided to help me model my newest creation.
Baby bunnies have to be the cutest thing EVER!


What you need:

Carrot and leaf color worsted weight yarn
Size F (3.75 mm) hook
Polyester fiber fill
Yarn needle
Clip to keep place
Scissors
Small wire (optional)

Carrot top:

Cut 8 lengths of green yarn. Tie knot at end.

Carrot: 
Worked in continuous rounds, back loops only


  • Chain 2
  • Round 1: work 6 sc in first chain
  • Round 2: work 2 sc in each sc around - 12 st
  • Round 3: *2 sc in next st, sc in next st, rep from * around - 18 st
  • Round 4-6: sc in each sc around -18
  • Insert carrot top

  • Round 7: *sc2tog, sc in each of next 1 sts, rep from * around - 12 st 
  • Round 8-12: sc in each sc around -12 st
  • Stuff firmly
  • Round 13: sc2tog around -6 st 
  • Round 14-18: sc in each sc around -6 st
  • Insert wire
  • Sew up leaving a short tail of yarn
Optional:
Fray the "top" yarn. I like the look it gave my carrot.
The carrots my parents grow are so cute and twisty. I added the wire since I love their carrots so much. If you are giving this to a child you may want to omit the wire.

Organic Carrot on Ravelry

Do not distribute or publish this pattern in any other form.
If you like this pattern and would like to share please link to this blog.
Thank you.